The Church of the Nazarene in Trenton exists to Glorify God by introducing every Man, Women, Teen and Child in our community to Jesus Christ.
Local Licensed Minister
5:30 – 7:00 pm
We invite children to come on Sunday Mornings to join our family service.
We hold a special part of the service for a story or object lesson, we also provide a light snack and busy boxes to enjoy during the rest of the service.
Components of the Nazarene Safe™ System
- Awareness Training
- Staff and Volunteer Screening
- Policies, Procedures, and Practices For Working With Minors
- Accountability: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Reporting and Responding
It is our intent to create a safe environment for all children & families that we serve.
It is necessary that every church and every ministry creates and implements a child safety system including an active protection policy, screening process, criminal/sexual background checks, and awareness training.
NazareneSafe exists to equip local churches in enforcing that policy, and creating safe environments for God’s family.
NazareneSafe is the toolbox to help build a safe, protected church.
The Zero Tolerance Policy
The Church of the Nazarene has adopted a zero tolerance policy for sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior with minors. All workers, leaders, and pastoral staff are to be above reproach in their conduct and to act in the best interest of others. This requires not only that they themselves refrain from engaging in any abusive or suspicious behavior involving minors; they will also be required to report without delay to the proper authorities anyone seen engaging in such behavior.
The Board of General Superintendents,
Church of the Nazarene
The Nazarenes had been attending services at the corner of Archimedes Street and George Street under the leadership of
Pastor Turpel. Rev. Jewelles Anderson was the first pastor but he left soon after for the mission fields.
In 1933, the church moved to the Temperance Hall on Main Street, Trenton with Rev. E.J. Myalt as pastor with 16 members.
The founding members were: Mr. and Mrs. John Munroe and daughters, Dorothy and Ruth. Mr. and Mrs. George Atkins, Mr.
and Mrs. John Baglole, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Rushton, Mrs. Frank Trenholm, Mrs. Hendsbee, Mrs. Havelock Aikens, Ms. Pfize
Mrs. Murray, and Mrs. Burnette.
In 1937 under the leadership of Pastor Hammond, they purchased the building formerly used as a store by several businessmen including J.S. Fraser and John Morisondt Trenton Clothing Company.
In 1956, land was purchased at the corner of Duke and Main Street and construction of a new church was begun.